The role of the South Carolina Recovery Program is to serve as a direct liaison between the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and all applicants requesting federal disaster assistance. Our trained recovery staff will make every effort to effectively communicate, coordinate, collaborate, and cooperate with applicants through the grant process.
The mission of FEMA’s Public Assistance Grant Program is to provide assistance to state, tribal and local governments, and certain types of private nonprofit organizations so that communities can quickly respond to and recover from major disasters or emergencies declared by the President.
Through SCEMD's PA Program, FEMA provides supplemental federal disaster grant assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly owned facilities and the facilities of certain private non-profit organizations. The PA Program also encourages protection of these damaged facilities from future events by providing assistance for hazard mitigation measures during the recovery process.
- State government agencies that assisted in the declared counties
- Counties that are included in the Federal Declaration
- Any city, town, special district, regional authority, or village included within a declared county
- Private non-profit organizations that own or operate facilities that provide certain services otherwise performed by a government agency
Public Assistance Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- South Carolina Recovery Grants
- Request for Public Assistance
- Public Assistance Overview
- Public Assistance Program and Policy Guidance
- 44 Code of Federal Regulations
- Stafford Act
- Grants Portal
Public Assistance Duty Phone: (803) 367-7756
Public Assistance Duty Email: PA@emd.sc.gov