Use these icons to find & follow SCEMD on your favorite social media sites
You can stay connected with us through your favorite social media pages. SCEMD will be sending out emergency alerts, disaster preparedness tips and other useful information through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others.
You can join us in the conversation about disasters and emergency management. We update our pages with photos, video, links, discussions, answers to your questions and other important emergency preparedness information. You will also find links to other emergency preparedness organizations and websites. Find & follow us today to stay updated!
We are always examining different social media sites as new potential ways of reaching as many people as possible during an emergency.
Please check this page frequently for the latest in SCEMD Social Media.
SCEMD'S Social Media Policy
The South Carolina Emergency Management Division engages people through many digital outlets, including scemd.org and popular social media platforms. Communicating with SCEMD through social media further enables people to contact SCEMD in a direct and meaningful way.
The goal of SCEMD social media engagement is to be a helpful medium with official information that is conducive to real-time discussions and useful feedback. Most SCEMD social media pages allow interaction in the form of user comments. Users are encouraged to be collaborative and respectful of each other when commenting on official SCEMD social media.
Be aware that when engaging with SCEMD through social media, you are agreeing to:
The South Carolina Emergency Management Division shares information, images and video with residents through external social media websites. Comments made by users of these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by SCEMD personnel, a comment may be “hidden” or deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos.
- Threats, personal attacks or defamatory statements.
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability.
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information.
- Comments not related to the posted topic of the SCEMD social media page or post.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam.
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful.
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office.
- Comments promoting the sale of goods and services not related to SCEMD’s mission or which run afoul with state procurement regulations and price gouging laws, when applicable.
- Comments investigated to have been generated by fake, spam, or “spoof” accounts.
- Divulges personally identifying information of the user or personally identifying information of a third party.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official SCEMD site where the agency allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Public Comment Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to a SCEMD site.
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official SCEMD site where the agency allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in this Public Comment Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to a SCEMD site.